- This event has passed.
Cinco De Mayo Celebration
May 6 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
A Bayfront Cinco De Mayo Celebration at Seaport Village!
Happening on Saturday, May 6th and presented in partnership with Canal 12 Televisa, this all-day, free family-friendly fiesta will play host to the gamut of live entertainment, captivating performances, and an all-around Mexican fiesta. Activities and programming will centralize in Seaport’s Lighthouse District, with highlights including:
- Equestrian showcase lead by Rancho La Laguna. Attendees will experience the centuries-old sport of charrería, as charros—or
cowboys—demonstrate their rodeo talents with choregraphed stunts, roping techniques and more!
- Beautiful performances throughout the day by local dance troupes Folklórico Ti-Pai and Ballet
- Live music from award-winning mariachi group Mariachi Estrellas de Chula Vista and an a cappella-style concert from Baja-based vocal group Radical Ensamble.
- Infectious beats by DJ Nando—one of San Diego’s top Hispanic DJs. He’ll be spinning his upbeat setlist in “cabezones” (or big heads) of famous icons like Bad Bunny, among other surprises.
- More musical acts throughout the day include Adriana Hernandez, a rising cross-border talent who’ll be presenting a dance-worthy Latin medley, including a few top hits from the legendary “Queen of Tejano” Selena; Olympic boxer-turned-musician Fercho; Elena Castañeda, the incredible vocalist specializing in the interpretation of mariachi songs, ranchera and romantic ballads; and the always-entertaining Chicano-Mexican band Rick and Friends.
- A multi-act show filled with music, dance, and crowd-work by Luis Daniel, who’s come to be known as the best Juan Gabriel impersonator in all of Baja-California.
- Delicious antojitos & bebidas from Seaport Village’s on-site eateries, like Margarita’s Kitchen & Cantina, Marion’s Fish Market, San Pasqual Tasting Room, and Mike Hess & Quiero Tacos.
Saturday, May 6th | 11:00am – 6:00pm.